This is terrifying.
i just don’t understand it anymore
The family is suing the police department for their brutality and need as much support + awareness as possible.
this is fucking disgusting i hate this
WHAT THE FUCK AMERICA
WHAT THE FUCK EVERYONE
WHAT THE FUCK
11 reasons on why this is not police abuse
1. if you go to get your ID for a cop do not grab you back pack and aggressively shove your hand into it; this will make a cop pull a gun on you.
2. once a gun is drawn you are about to be detained for an investigation follow the cops instructions, failure to follow these instructions may be seen as a form of resistance and a higher use of force will be used to detain you.
3. sorry but the cops were well aware of the kids in the car and with this suspect possibly having a weapon of some sort is now endangering these kids (this becomes a vital fact for point # 7) cop ordered suspect out of the car and the suspect refused to get out and when both hands where visible the cop placed his side arm back into his holster and initiated dialog with suspect telling him to step outside of the vehicle.
4. suspect was refusing to get out of vehicle, officers warned that if he did not step out of the vehicle the cars window would be broken and he would be forced out of the car. suspect told them that they could not do that once a tool was shown to them.
5. because you are saying “my mama is about to die in the hospital” does not mean that you get a free pass on breaking the law, sorry guys after working 6 years in the emergency services this might be a shocker for some of you guys but people lie to get out of trouble.
6. about 3 seconds before window was broken the officer asked him “are you gonna open the door?” and either the driver or passenger attempted to close the window while the officer was talking to him. that was an indication of the suspect basicly telling him no and that officer stepped away for the 2nd officer with the tool break it.
7. once window was broken suspect turned away and made a motion in the direction of the children in the back seat. this is where a taser was used. as i said before the cops are well aware of the kids in the back seat and are fearful of their safety this is where a split second decision was made by the officer to deploy the use of the taser because the officer does not want the suspect to jump into the back seat and pull a knife and we now have a hostage situation.
8. if you pause the video at minute 1:54 you will also notice that the door lock indicator ( by the door handle) is not showing any red this means the door is locked as apposed to when the suspect is outside of the car later in the video meaning it was necessary to break the window to gain access to the suspect and that they most likely tried to open the door before they broke the window.
9. once out side of the vehicle and detained none of the cops aggressively moved, pushed, carried, or beat him up. they casually walled him over to the squad car and removed the darts of the taser which if you didnt know are needles that are made like fish hooks so they do not fall out easy so that is painful to remove which you see when they remove them.
10. none of the cops used an vulgar language or use raised voices, they gave him the option to step outside of the vehicle or they would break the window.
11. just before the window was raised and broken the woman states “why would you say nobody is gonna hurt you; when people are getting shot by the police…..” obviously the suspect was taunting/challenging the police just prior to the window break.
now to note i think the way they broke the window was a little excessive by breaking with a Haligan Bar but if they dont have any window punches or window break tools then thats what they got
Information. There are two sides to things.
Its good to absorb the complete spectrum of facts as opposed to one side to form your opinions.
Police are supposed to be trusted and are trained to protect.
Yes power can get to them and can corrupt, but just because theres a few bad kids in the class that doesn’t make the whole grade trash.