Intense Portraits Reveal The Real Faces Of America’s Taxidermists
It’s easy to gloss over the world of taxidermy, pigeonholing the people who practice the craft as morbid morticians of the animal kingdom. Photographer Mike McGregor would disagree with you, however.
"A friend took this pic in Arizona USA. The meteorologists don’t have a name for it.
Seems to be high energy to be in a Rainbow and a tornado! ”
New pokemon X and Y cartoon is out!
ok this made me laugh haha
GERMAN SHEPHERDS ARE SUCH SCARY DOGS WOW
Real life party animal.
Bush dog (Speothos venaticus)
- Probably my favorite wild canid, bush dogs are usually a brown color, with dark brown or black limbs and ticking, like this family showing off it’s adorably pup. The young are born black and lighten in color gradually, similar to spotted hyenas. [x]
- A thick, heavy coat with a dense layer of ticking makes this plush looking (and probably young) dog living in England look even more teddy bear-like. [x]
- The rich red brown base on this animal is stunning, and thankfully fairly common. [x]
- Another gorgeous coloration that isn’t all that uncommon: light, almost white fur on the back of the neck standing out against the brown head, gradually fading back to the base color. This particular animal has the white covering the shoulders, others can have less or more. [x]
- A sandy tan individual, with an evenly distributed amount of black ticking on it’s body. [x]
- This blond bombshell is a stunner, with little to no dark fur on it’s sides leaving the animal even more brightly colored. The limbs are more of a grey-brown rather than the usual black or dark brown. Here’s another shot of the same dog, not sure if it could potentially be considered leucistic. [x]
- A pack of varying ages showing off the change from the baby colors to adult ones, the younger animals being darker and gaining color from the head down. You can see a few that are developing light necks, while others are not[x]
- This old lady is aging gracefully, she wears her nearly all greyed out coat very well. [x]
- The most extensive neck marking I’ve seen, the head of the animal in the foreground is mostly a creamy white, it’s front limbs remain dark and provide a sharp contrasting look.[x]
- And finally, this funky almost unicolored light brown dude has nearly no markings at all! His legs lack all signs of the usual pointed pattern, only his tail seems to have darker fur. [x]
HOW COME YOU GOTTA MARRY SOMEONE AND LIVE WITH THEM AND HAVE BABIES WHY CAN’T YOU JUST BUY A HOUSE WITH YOUR BEST FRIENDS AND JUST EAT PIZZA EVERYDAY AND PLAY GAMES ALL THE TIME IT WOULD BE LIKE A LIFE LONG SLEEPOVER AND YOU DON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BREAKUPS OR THE D
This does sound appealing.
Release the corgis!
Oh. Em. Gee. I just died a little inside from the extreme amounts of cuteness.
RELEASE…. THE HAMKRAKKENS!!!
Idunno who made this but I had this saved on my computer and basically, by looking at your hands you can tell what tribe you would be in if you would live in the bending world. Pretty sweet right? Personally I would be an airbender, I would just ride around on an air ball all day aww yish
oh hey, fire
I think I’m air? In both air n earth the pinky sticks out, which mine does a lot. But my other 3 fingers aren’t quite as spread as air’s. But my hands are small and boney which looks more air than earth.
So gun go with air.